PART- TIME WORK
Part-time work: is temporary employment for less than the standard 40-hour workweek.
Contingency workers: are employed on a part-time and temporary basis to support or replace a permanent employee for a short period of time.
· It is now possible to hire any employee for any position on a part-time basis from executive support, to chief financial officer, which benefits the organization as the business can hire employees as needed.
· Since part-time or contingency workers can be easily hired, contracted with and/or terminated in response to changing needs, many employers like the flexibility they offer in controlling labour costs and can manage the budgets of the business.
· Some employers worry that temporaries lack the commitment of permanent workers and often reduce company productivity.
· Part-time workers usually receive a different treatment from their employers than full-time workers.
· Part-time workers are paid less than full-time employees.
· Don’t receive important benefits, such as health care, life insurance, pension plans, and paid vacations.